Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fifteen Minute French Pea Soup


I've made different versions of this simple pea soup for many years. I like this recipe because it's quick and creamy. The cheerful soup is a keeper during the cold months. The bright green color lifts my mood. This foolproof French pea soup is ready in under fifteen minutes. A fast, fresh soup with delicate taste and velvety texture never disappoints.


Frozen peas retain their fresh taste. I always keep a few bags of them in my freezer so I can whip up this spring-like soup to cheat on winter.  I love to serve the soup with chopped chives and tarragon, basil, mint or dill. The soup reheats well for workweek meals.  


Fifteen Minute French Pea Soup

serves 4-6 

Some Notes

Rapunzel No Salt Vegetable Bouillon is what I use in this soup. It has a pure, clean taste that I love. You can also substitute your favorite vegetable broth or stock for the water and bouillon cubes. 

If you're vegan you can substitute the butter for your favorite oil and the cream for coconut cream. The amount of cream you add to the soup is a matter of personal preference.  

Ingredients


  • 2 16-ounce bags of frozen petite or baby peas
  • 2 shallots, chopped
  • 4 vegetable bouillon cubes (I use Rapunzel No Salt Vegan Bouillon) 
  • A tablespoon or two of butter for cooking
  • 1/4-1/3 cup of heavy cream   
  • Salt and pepper to taste. I use sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  
  • Chopped chives, tarragon dill, mint, basil or Thai basil for serving  


Instructions


In a soup pot, saute the shallots with a pinch of salt and pepper in the butter until soft. Add 4 cups of water, the peas and the bouillon cubes. Salt to taste. Bring to a simmer. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until the peas are tender but remain bright green. Puree with an immersion blender. Stir in the cream. Adjust the salt and pepper and serve with fresh herbs of your choice. 

Bon Appetit & Blessings!

xx ~ Jilly 



1 comment:

  1. I am never drink this soap. I will try this soap. Further, Furniture Moving Services in Stamford CT gives you reliable service.

    ReplyDelete